Saturday, November 30, 2013

Watermelon (Pakwan) Farming Update - Diana's Turn (30/11/2013)



Diana variety 1 week old fruit
 

After showing you the green watermelons, here are the yellow watermelons... Diana variety. This variety tastes sweeter than the green ones according to my L and she prefers them even if they have smaller fruits. Compared to Kaneko variety (green), Diana variety (yellow) weighs less when matured because their weight is usually 1 - 3 kgs. while the Kanekos can reach 8 kgs. or even more.


more yellow watermelons hiding under the big leaves

I'm thinking these Diana watermelons will be ready before the Christmas vacation wherein more people will come home to our place. I wish they will choose our watermelon stall along the highway which by the way was prepared by my guys and ready for the first batch of watermelons. Most probably, there will be some big watermelons on display by Dec. 5. (Calling my love, I need your help. I need some photos of our stall).



tita maring with our Diana watermelons

It's not just the fruits that I am amaze actually but also those big leaves of the watermelons. My guys are doing great and I am hoping that their reward will be greater today compared to last year.

On the other hand, allow me to share photos of the green watermelons as of today. My L was informed that we already have some fruits weighing 7 - 8 kgs each. Wow! Take a look... 



my cutie model is not in the mood... :)



tita Maring proudly showing 1 fruit



c'mon go BIG!


Thanks my L for the photos... i love you...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and please share your comments.